Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 0

What is the request limit for news requests for the EIKON Desktop API (Python)?

Hi, I request the lates news (e.g. for specific RICs) through the get_news_headline() function (Python). When I received the data a new request is sent (is there a way to stream or receive push notifications on new headlines?). Unfortunately, after some time I receive a "too many requests" error and get blocked for >20k seconds.

What is the limit on those news requests and is it possible to increase this limit?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi-limits
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @mrobl

Please find information regarding the API request limit in this document.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @mrobl

Please see this document for further details on limits etc

EIKON DATA API USAGE AND LIMITS GUIDELINE

I believe the usage counters are reset at midnight local time.

You can request streaming news - as demonstrated in the short script attached

Eikon Data API - Streaming Price with events News.txt

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you for your answer. Looked up the "PNAC" field (Data Item Browser) but the field doesnt show any data (tried a couple different RICs). Also the instrument "NFCP_UBMS" doesnt exist. Can you please clarify the process to stream RIC specific news.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @mrobl

Did you run the script? I ran the script before I shared it e.g.

NFCP_UBMS is a streaming News RIC which contains the field PNAC which in turn contains the StoryID.

A few posts you may find useful - ignore the comment about EikonData API not supporting streaming - as this was added more recently.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/20045/nfcp-ubms-missing-headlines.html

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/23970/best-practice-news-feed-polling.html

1589971252762.png (53.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.