question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

is it possible to retrievemy download stats in Eviews?

datastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@MichaelQIU

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@MichaelQIU

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hi @MichaelQIU,

If you are looking for assistance with Datastream product usage rather then Datastream API requests, I would suggest involving Datastream support via Refinitiv Helpdesk, select "I need help using product" and select product "Datastream" from the drop-down list.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Let us know how this works for you,

There will likely be other developers with same or similar questions that can be helped by your generous sharing of the relevant information.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
78.9k 250 52 74

Refer to the DSWS USER STATS AND LIMITS guide, to get usage stats, you can use “STATS” keyword as an instrument and “DS.USERSTATS” in data type.

I think that you can use it with the fetch command, as mentioned in the GETTING STARTED WITH EVIEWS guide.

1590479908132.png (141.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

unfortunately this does not work; i have used the following command that e.g. working for fetching pe data from the msci energy sector

fetch(d="ds_db") enegyus(pe) = this works (with ds_db being my alias)

fetch(d="ds_db") STATS(DS.USERSTATS) = this does not work, i believe this must be because the retrieved data is a statistic but not a series;

could you pls clarify which command to use exactly

much appreciated, thx!

regs

M

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @MichaelQIU,

Perhaps something like this?

ds.get_data(tickers='STATS', fields=['DS.USERSTATS',], start='2020-05-20', kind=0)

I am also basing this guess on the document sited by @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

hi Zoya

thx for the suggestions, unfortunately, this does not work in eviews, it just produces an error; this syntax is not applicable in eviews

best

michael

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

thx Zoya, ill do that!

best

Michael

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.