question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

JET SDK: Retrieving News

Hi, I am a developer for a App Studio Application that utilizes JET API v2.0.12. I am utilizing React on the front-end.

I am attempting to retrieve all news related to a particular stock. This means I most likely would have to provide the RIC as an argument to a function, but I am unsure as to what function I would have to call. There is limited amount of documentation both online and within Eikon with regards to this matter.

Here is the Javascript code I am running right now. It is doing an asynchronous call to JET.News, and getting a response. However, it is unclear as to what I do after that.

From console.logging the functions/expressions provided, this is what I retrieved:

The service object holds multiple functions, which I all tried to no success.

Similarly, I tried the resolve function that takes in a callback, but I got a list of "expressionsTokens" which I do not know how to handle as well.

Would greatly appreciate some advice on how to handle my request, or point me to resources that aid me in my request.

Thakn you!

eikonnewseikon-app-studiojavascriptjet
1591358839030.png (16.5 KiB)
1591358917208.png (51.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Alex Putkov. and @chavalit.jintamalit,

Will you be able to help the customer with Jet SDK question?

Thanks

@De Xun

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@De Xun

JET.js API Demo app available from the Developer tab in the main Eikon menu provides a bunch of examples of news headlines retrieval. Provided you already initialized JET, you don't need an async call to JET.News. Here's a code snippet I took out of one of the examples in JET.js API Demo app.

JET.News.create()
        .newsExpression("R:AAPL.O")
        .onAppend(onAppend)
        .onInsert(onInsert)
        .onDelete(onDelete)
        .start();

function onAppend(command) {
}

function onInsert(command) {
}

function onDelete(command) {
}
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.