question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 0 3 4

Why does the columnnames reformat my brackets into dots when using DSWS??

So I was using's DatastreamDSWS2R's timeSeriesRequest and I had tried to retrieved some historical data for a few time series (eg XMUJ (NAV) and XMUJ (RI))

My code is:

example <- mydsws$timeSeriesRequest (instrument = df.tickers, startDate = "BDATE', endDate = sys.Date(), frequency = "D")

df.tickers being the column which contains all my tickers for DSWS to retrieve their historical time series.

So the result turned out well, except for the fact that columnnames are distorted and replaced the brackets (eg in XMUJ (NAV) into dots (XMUJ..NAV.).

Anyone knows what's the problem or is this endemic?

Thanks

datastream-apidsws-apir
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @WestWinter

I moved your question to Datastream forum.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@WestWinter

From my finding, it calls the make.name function to create column names. If I call the make.name function with 'XMUJ (NAV)', it returns 'XMUJ..NAV.'

If you would like to change this behavior, please raise an issue in GitHub.

1592452602157.png (4.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks. WIll do that.

Wanted to ask as well, how did you find out that the timeSeriesrequest calls on the make.name function?

I verified the code in GitHub.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.