We had a demo on WC1 API for a prospect in HongKong, and they asked several questions regarding API as below.
1. If the response body is too big, say over 1,000 match results in one screen request, then while waiting for downloading the all the match results, if the internet connection suddenly disconnects, is it possible that some match results are missing in such scenario?
2. Comparing to our WC Database, how to ensure that there is no message/data altered within the transmission to the user side?
3. What is the timeout time in one API request?
4. What is the normal response time for the API calls?
Please advise on above questions.
Thank you for your query.
1. The matches would not be missed if the case has been created during the course. If there is a connection issue, the client will get a connect failure error.
2. Can you please elaborate your concern?
3. There is no time out in World-Check One. The API is validated using Hmac signature and the validity of the hmac signature is of 30 seconds. We advise the client to timeout the API call at their end, in case, if there is no response within 50 seconds.
4. The response time may vary for different API call, and also depends on the amount of data which is involved in the from request to response. Ideally, the response time can be anywhere from 2 seconds to 50 seconds.
As advised over MS Teams, please advise the client to use the WC1 ZFS API if they do not want the case results to be stored in World-Check platform. You can find more information on the WC1 Zero Footprint Screening API forum.