question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 0 3 4

Is there any way to go from SEDOL to mnemonic?

From my current process, I would need to go from entering SEDOL into the eikonapir to retrieve the RIC, which will then be used with the package to retrieve the mnemonic. Is there a way to skip the eikonapir step and have the code recognize a SEDOL string and return the appropriate mnemonic?

datastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@WestWinter

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @WestWinter,

I have done some testing with Datastream Test Service,

And notice that although passing "B14MG44" into Instrument input does not work for me, resulting in "$$ER: E100,INVALID CODE OR EXPRESSION ENTERED", passing

SYM#(B14MG44,SEDOL)

into Instrument gets back the result as expected.

Hope this helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.9k 250 52 74

@WestWinter

From my quick test, I can pass SEDOL to snapshotRequest method.

test <- mydsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = "2005973",
                              datatype   = c('NAME','ISIN','BETA','ESTAT', 'INDX','MNEM','ISINID','SECD'),
                             requestDate = "0D") 

The output is:

1594118945282.png (10.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks. Seems like it works for IBM. However, when I was trying B14MG44 (iShares US Aerospace & Defence ETF), it does not work, returning me NA for name & mnemonic. Strange...

We need prefix UK for sedol codes which start with alphabet and that way it will works. Example we could use UKB14MG44.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.