Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 4

Client Requests.

Hello Team,

I hope you are doing well. I had a call with a client yesterday about Eikon and DataStream API, and they asked me some questions.

1) Do we have examples about how to use DSWS – API?
2) Is it possible to use at the same time and from the same code the Eikon and DSWS – API?
3) They want to download time series data in a different currency than the original denomination one. For example, they want to download the prices of COPEC.SN in USD directly and not in CLP. I explained them that the function to retreive time series doesn't have that functionality and they asked me if it possible to do an "enhacement request" Do we have something like that?

Thanks!

Tomás.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidatastream-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
24.3k 53 17 14

Hello @tomas.arditi

Please see answers of question 1 and 2 below:

1. Do we have examples about how to use DSWS – API?

Answer: The client can find all DSWS API resources such as quick start, tutorial, document, etc in https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/datastream-web-service page

2. Is it possible to use at the same time and from the same code the Eikon and DSWS – API?

Answer: The application can use Eikon Data API and DSWS API to retrieve data from both API in the same time. However, the Eikon Data API and DSWS API have different API interfaces and require separate credentials.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your answer!

Upvote
24.3k 53 17 14

Hello @tomas.arditi

Regarding the question 3, please check the previous answer for the work around.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
24.3k 53 17 14

Hello @tomas.arditi

The client can raise enhancement request by submitting a ticket to Eikon product via my.refinitiv.com web site.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.