For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 2 5 8

Convert or map TICKER to RIC using the DSS API

Dear All, how are you?

Is possible to convert or map TICKER to primary RIC using the DSS API? I’m trying it using the function bellow and apparently the IdentifierType": "Ticker is not recognized.

My necessity is obtain a primary company RIC or the issuer RIC for a list of corporate bonds, since DSS doesn’t have an Issuer RIC field.

{

"ExtractionRequest": {

"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest",

"ContentFieldNames": [

"RIC", "ISIN", "Currency Code", "Exchange Code", "Exchange Code List", "Quote PermID"

],

"IdentifierList": {

"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",

"InstrumentIdentifiers": [

{ "Identifier": "AMZN", "IdentifierType": "Ticker" }

],

"ValidationOptions": {

"AllowHistoricalInstruments": true,

"AllowInactiveInstruments": true,

"AllowOpenAccessInstruments": false

},

"UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions": false

}

}

}

Thanks in advance!

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssricssymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @caio.zentil,

From my experience, IdentifierType=Ticker only works for /Search/InstrumentSearch. For all other API calls, it results in invalid instrument.

To be completely sure, please contact my.refinitiv.com to get in touch with a product content expert.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @caio.zentil,

Agree with @Gurpreet., InstrumentSearch can be useful to recognize Tickers.

Can try a two-step approach to see if it will work for your use case.

If you use InstrumentSearch request as the first step, to seed with Tickers and to request standard identifiers such as CUSIPs or ISINs,

You can choose to use TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest as the second step, seeding it with CUSIPs or ISINs, and requesting "Primary Trading RIC"s or "Issuer PermID"s.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.