question

Upvotes
Accepted
34 5 4 3

Is it possible to get a ship (tanker) positioning using RDP?

I am checking if the RDP Service can get some information about ships:

- information (type, velocity)

- status

- arrival / departure dates

These data are available through Eikon, but it would be better to use an API for using on a system. RDP looks like the best API option, but when investigating the Postman files or the playground, I didn't find a suitable API call.

Is there anybody that can help me with this issue? Thanks

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @henrique.hissataka

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @henrique.hissataka,

If you are permissioned for service Search on RDP, on API Playground, you can review all the information available for the vessel info access via RDP. To me, detailed vessel Information, status and dates appear to be included, while location info, in my understanding, is indirect. Let me just go over usage:

/search/beta1/

And by modifying the parameters, one can get default vessel info via:

{   "View": "VesselPhysicalAssets",   "Query": "9398101", } 

Next, we would like to know what other fields of interest are available, and can be requested ( may not be populated, via metadata endpoint:

/search/beta1/metadata/views/{view}

I just requested the specific vessel info

Hope this is of help

vesselinfo3.gif (20.0 KiB)
vesselinfo2.gif (25.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the response, it helped me a lot. Using the call you have suggested, I was able to retrieve most of the fields that I had to map.

But there are two more questions that you might know the answer:

- Is the RDP Search call in pre-release / beta state or it can be used for production code?

- There are some fields that were retrieved using Eikon Excel (TR Formula), but I wasn't able to find the equivalent on RDP. Is there a data domain documentation that can help in this 'translation' process? For example, the fields TR.AssetFlowCommodity and TR.AssetFlowGrade.

Hi @henrique.hissataka,

-I am trying to verify with the product for you, and it's taking time.

-On API PLayground, use Metadata service, run

https://api.refinitiv.com/discovery/search/v1/metadata/views/VesselPhysicalAssets

Tab "Raw" will give you all the available fields on VesselPhysicalAssets view.

Additionally Reference may be helpful, but in my opinion, metadata is both live and complete, so superior documentation.

@zoya.farberov I'm using the / search / beta1 / metadata / views / {view} however, the query command only allows you to search for a specific RIC (vessel) at a time. Would you know if there is a way to search for a list of RICs at once through the postman, using another command, besides / search / beta1 / metadata / views / {view} for this case? or an expanded form of this endpoint?

Upvote
42 1 2 2

Hi @Henrique Hissataka, please look at this example from GitHub on search examples from RDPhttps://github.com/Refinitiv-API-(Samples/Example.RDPLibrary.Python.Search/blob/master/Example.RDPLibrary.Python.Search.ipynb.) Within the document you will an example of how to get vessel data into python where you can modify as you wish. I would couple this example with the suggestion above to know what is available to add. However, you can get the vessel location with TR.AssetLocationLatitude or TR.AssetLocationLongitude. You can use any fields that are in the Physical Assets section in the Excel taxonomy within the RDP search parameters.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Loredane.Pereira,

Is

https://{ {RDP_HOST}}/search/beta1/

{
    "View": "VesselPhysicalAssets",
    "Filter": "RIC eq 'C}KM7309592138' or RIC eq 'C}KU7309482679' or RIC eq 'C}KU7309483525'",
    "Select": "RIC,OriginPort,Latitude,Longitude"
}

Resulting in

{
    "Total": 3,
    "Hits": [
        {
            "RIC": "C}KU7309482679",
            "OriginPort": [
                "Singapore\\Kukup Anchorage"
            ],
            "Latitude": 2.34078335762,
            "Longitude": 101.934967041016
        },
        {
            "RIC": "C}KU7309483525",
                "Ceuta\\STS Ceuta"
            ],
            "Latitude": 2.342433214188,
            "Longitude": 101.915534973145
        },
        {
            "RIC": "C}KM7309592138",
                "Bilbao\\Bilbao - Punta Lucero Jetties"
            ],
            "Latitude": 27.932935714722,
            "Longitude": -53.280544281006
        }
    ]
}

What you are looking for?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello, @zoya.farberov that works!! Thanks a lot! However, I need to insert more than 80 RIC's (vessels). Do you know if there is a limit for this? or is there a better metadata endpoint for that?

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Loredane.Pereira,

Per Search Reference Spec filtering does not have a length restriction listed...

However, if you have a search criteria, that is common to all these RICs, rather then filtering by listing the RICs, you can query on criteria?

{   
   "View": "VesselPhysicalAssets",    
   "Query": "tanker",    
   "Top": 10 
}

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @zoya.farberov, no.. I need a specific list of vessels, so I think that the first solution can help! Thanks a lot!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.