Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 4 3 4

How to get historical dividend yield? Unable to get dividend yield pre May 2008.

How can I get historical dividend yields for the entire company's history. As you can see in the below example, I am unable to get the dividend yield history prior to 2008.

Here is my use case.

I have a universe of a few hundred stocks and I would like to get the dividend yield for the entire history for each stock.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
div-yield1.png (57.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @pyquant

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@pyquant

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Were you able to resolve the issue you experienced with Refinitiv Helpdesk?

If yes, would you mind sharing the solution with the community by posting it on this thread? This can help other users who may experience a similar issue in the future.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @pyquant

I used Eikon Excel to try to retrieve the TR.DividendYield before June 2008 and it returns the data starting from the end of May 2008.

So I guess that the data is available up to that period.

For an authoritative answer to any content questions, the best resource is the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk.

This forum is dedicated to things specific to the use of Eikon APIs.
The moderators here do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Eikon.
The Refinitiv Content Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

get_data() can get list of RIC as input so you can retrieve multiple RICs in one API call.

ahs.png (69.0 KiB)
ahs2.png (38.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
26 4 3 4

Hi chavalit.jintamalit. This company has been making dividend payments since the early 1990s(see below). So I wonder why eikon doesn't have this data? I'll contact the content helpdesk and in the mean time keep this open and see if anybody else can help me with this question.

Thanks.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SGRO.L/history?period1=583718400&period2=1604534400&interval=div%7Csplit&filter=div&frequency=1d&includeAdjustedClose=true

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.