question

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

Volatility surfaces for japanese equities?

Hello,

Does the API support creating volatility surfaces for instruments on the tokyo stock exchange, such as: 4503.T

This ric has an option chain ric, 0#4503*.OS, so it seems like the creation of a volatility surface should be possible. However, the below API request fails.

API endpoint: https://api.refinitiv.com/data/quantitative-analytics-curves-and-surfaces/v1/surfaces

Request body:

{

"universe": [

{

"surfaceTag": "1",

"underlyingType": "Eti",

"underlyingDefinition": {

"instrumentCode": "4503.T@RIC"

},

"surfaceParameters": {

"priceSide": "Mid",

"volatilityModel": "SVI",

"xAxis": "Date",

"yAxis": "Strike"

},

"surfaceLayout": {

"format": "Matrix",

"yPointCount": 10

}

}

]

}

Response:

{  "data": [    {      "surfaceTag": "1",      "error": {        "id": "856e68a5-6168-486d-9f53-adbb0de1731f/c7a3c5ab-672d-4ac7-830b-4e1b46d0016c",        "status": "Error",        "message": "The service failed to build the volatility surface",        "code": "VolSurf.10300"      }    }  ] }

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricsvolatility
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @paul.mcallister1

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@jason.ramchandani

Please let us know if we have any updates on this question.

<AHS>

hi @jason.ramchandani01

<AHS>

hi @jason.ramchandani01

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@paul.mcallister1 I can replicate the issue - I think it will need to be looked into by the product team as it should be able to provide surfaces for Japanese stocks. I will speak to the product owner and get back to you. I did try it with VOD.L and TSLA.O and it works with those. I will contact them and revert. Please bear with us.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

@jason.ramchandani

<AHS>

Hello @jason.ramchandani01,

I tried to reproduce and the same error still occur. Please let us know if we have any updates on this question.

1633924942250.png

1633924942250.png (29.0 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.