question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 3 6

Resolve Currency code in RDP

Hi I am using RDP .Net API to retrieve real time prices and the currency ( CF_LAST, CF_CURR ) on a bunch of stocks / futures ( e.g. "VOD.L", "FFIZ0" ). The returned value on CF_CURR is a number ( I guess it is a currency code ). How can I get the string currency code from this number ? Is there a way that the function call returns a string rather this digital currency code ?

StreamingPrices.Definition("FFIZ0", "VOD.L").Fields("DSPLY_NAME", "CF_CURR", "CF_LOTSIZE", "CF_LAST")

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformforex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @melarbi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @melarbi,

To my best knowledge, at this time, there is no way to get string via number with RDP Library.

If you would like to look up the value's meaning, attached next please find enumType.def dictionary:

enumtype.def.zip

Currency field values with meanings are defined starting at line 367:

! VALUE      DISPLAY   MEANING
! -----      -------   -------
      0        "   "   Not allocated
      4        "AFA"   Afghanistan afghani (from 1925 until 2003)
      8        "ALL"   Albanian lek
     12        "DZD"   Algerian dinar
     20        "ADP"   Andorran peseta
     24        "AON"   Angolan new kwanza
     32        "ARS"   Argentine peso
     36        "AUD"   Australian dollar
     37        "AUc"   Australian cent (deprecated)
     40        "ATS"   Austrian schilling
     44        "BSD"   Bahamian dollar
     48        "BHD"   Bahraini dinar
     50        "BDT"   Bangladesh taka
     51        "AMD"   Armenian Dram
     52        "BBD"   Barbados dollar

You may also wish to review this related discussion.

enumtypedef.zip (215.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 3 6

HI, With all due respect, this looks like a hack. The API should provide a way to resolve these instruments IDs or rather Currency IDs centrally. The file enumtype.def is clearly very useful and will definitely help but what happens if that file changes ? and if you add new items to it ? the user needs to keep in synch with new versions of this file etc...

Clearly this should and could easily be handled centrally by the API. Is there any hope that this gets resolved any time soon ?

Best

Mahmoud.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello Mahmoud @melarbi,

I, personally (I am with developer advocacy, rather then with Eikon product development) tend to agree this may not be the optimal approach. However, this is the approach that is available for use today, if you need this info within your application at present.

In addition, as a Refinitiv customer, you can also submit a Product Enhancement Request on Eikon Data API via Product Feedback -> "Share New Idea", providing all the pertaining details. This will allow Refinitiv not only to capture the full details of your suggestion, but to have it fully evaluated by the team responsible for the development of the Refinitiv Workspace, the next generation of Eikon product, and with other customer requests received, aggregated and prioritized. The more customers are asking for the same, the higher the aggregated priority of the request, and the sooner we can potentially expect the feature to be actualized.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.