question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 3 1

Chain request via Java ETA API

Hi,

I would like to subscribe to get constituents of Primary Chain RIC (0#US2YT) via Elektron Transport API.

I was received some example from TR support team which are for EMM protocol, where it is sending "Chain" request. What is the equivalent way of getting same using Elektron Transport API (ETA)?

Once I receive Elements in Chain then I will be making MarketPrice request to get market data.

I checked in ETA's SDK bundle but didnt find any reference of sending Chain request. I see there is some code to send SymbolList request and I am not sure that will achieve same.

If you have a sample demonstrating sending response and handling responses that will be helpful.

Or point me to appropriate sample that will be good.

Thanks,

Satish

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrtjavaeta-apielektron-transport-apichain-ricconstituents
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Satish.Pawar

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22.2k 59 14 21

Hi @Satish.Pawar,

The chains are delivered using the MarketPrice OMM domain. This article explains all the mechanisms of requesting and walking the chain object in details. The article talks about EMA API, but the same is applicable to ETA API as well.

PS: If you are new to Refinitiv realtime API's and starting a new application, then I would highly recommend using the EMA API rather then the more complex ETA. Here are the tutorials and download link for EMA.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 3 3 1

Thanks Gurpreet. This was helpful.

I have to use ETA API because of performance reason.

Based on above link that you have provided I got an idea about Chain messages request and handling.

Is there any document about ETA message API fields and their values?

Like field name, field meaning (descriptive) and eligible values (e.g. 259/RECORDTYPE).

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22.2k 59 14 21

Hi Satish,

For the fields description, you can refer to the RDMField dictionary and enumtype file in the /etc directory, provided with the SDK. This information is also available in the Data Model discovery tool in the developer community homepage.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.