Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 0

Refinitiv add-in excel (Mac) creates formula but does not give any result

Hi,

When I create a formula on excel (Mac) with the formula builder, it creates the formula but I do not obtain any result (even while pressing enter or refreshing).

Did it already happen to you ? how can I obtain results ?

Thank you for your help

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierrorexcelmac-osformula-builder
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

Just tried - I'm getting all the prices in Excel, example:

=RDP.Data("LVMH.PA","TR.PriceClose","Sdate=2005-01-01 EDate=2020-08-31 Curn=EUR CH=Fd RH=IN")

The best way to retrieve 44 equities is just cell reference them, here's an example of function:

=RDP.Data(U2:V2,"TR.PriceClose","SDate=2004-12-31 EDate=2020-10-31 Frq=D Curn=EUR CH=IN RH=date")

+ screen shot with results

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21 0 0 0

Hi Maxime,
can you please provide what instrument you have in that function? I've just tried to create the same function with MSFT.O and the data came through and I can see the Microsoft's share price.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 0

Hi Max, thanks for your answer.

it also works for me when I create the function for a single date or a time slot.

I'm trying to obtain the closing price and market cap of LVMH.PA and 44 other stocks from the 1st of January 2005 to the 31st of August 2020.

Best

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 0

It is the first time I use Eikon add-in on Mac... So, I'm sorry but it might be dumb

When I paste one or the other of those formula, I obtain this. What should I do?

Btw you can WhatsApp me +33647085072

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 0 0 0

Can you please drop me a message to max.grigoryev@refinitiv.com? We can have a quick teams call.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi,

I am having a similar issue where only one data point seems to be retrieved when I use formula builder. I am trying to retrieve pricing data for each constituent from an index between 2016-2021.

Thanks!screenshot-2022-02-16-at-173008.png

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi @lena.demaison this looks like it's related to the Data Items being used. The "JL" portion of those Data Items is specifically looking at Joiners and Leavers of the index. The Data Items you'll want to use are: "TR.IndexConstituentRIC" and "TR.IndexConstituentName." Once you have those returning the RICs and Names, you can run a separate Data Item against them of "TR.PriceClose" - but you'll want to ensure that you're referencing the RICs that are returned rather than .STOXX, otherwise you'll just end up with the the overall price of the .STOXX index. Add on if you have any further questions!

Best,

Mike

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
16 0 0 1

Hi,

I had the same problem when I tried to create a formula on excel (Mac) with the formula builder, it created the formula but then returned the error instead of data.

screen-shot-2023-03-05-at-31044-am.png

Thus, how can I fix this problem?

Thank you,

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hello,

I've the same issue: on Excel (macOS) when creating any formula with Refinitiv 365 add-in, the only result I get is #Error. The same formula on Windows works fine. Is there any update on this topic?

Thank you

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.