question

Upvotes
Accepted
95 7 12 25

RFA verbose logging on SSLED connections

Hi all,

I have a question similar to https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/6057/activate-full-message-logs-for-rssl-connections-in.html, but it's related to SSLED connections using RFA C++ 7.

I have already configured the below settings:

\Connections\Connection_SSLED\connectionType = "SSLED"
\Connections\Connection_SSLED\logEnabled = true
\Connections\Connection_SSLED\logFileName = "RFA_SSLED.log" \Connections\Connection_SSLED\logFileSize = 10000000

And actually, the RFA_SSLED.log is generated in cases of connection issues, but I need a more verbose logging level to investigate a case of successful connection to the provider, where some subscriptions are rejected.

Is there a way to get such a verbose log?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Paolo

treprfarfa-apissllogging
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@Paolo Parlapiano

SSLED or legacy RFA interface does not have an RFA configuration to turn on tracing log like the RSSL connection type.

Typically, for an SSLED connection, you can use the IPC tracing file to investigate the issue. The file is generated to trace the incoming/outgoing message for the legacy SSL protocol that the application sent/received on the network and is enabled by extracting sslapi.cnf (sslapi.cnf.txt=>download and rename to sslapi.cnf).

Paste this file into your application folder, and then restart your subscriber application. IPCTRACE_XXX file will be generated in your application folder. Please note that enabled IPC tracing will affect the performance of the application and you should use for troubleshooting or investigate issue only.

sslapicnf.txt (521 B)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you very much for the detailed answer!

Paolo

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.