For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
115 2 5 10

How are html entities like & handled during name matching

Can anyone tell me how HTML entities are handled during name matching. For example if our system sends a name with "&Amp;" instead of "&".

Like for example: ERNST & YOUNG SL A & J MUCKLOW & CO LIMITED. Will the matching engine return matches with names as "ERNST & YOUNG SL" and "A & J MUCKLOW & CO LIMITED, at 95.1% match threshold?

Will using "&Amp;" at 95.1% result in AML matches being missed?

world-checkworld-check-onehtml
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
1.3k 4 1 2

@devops.kyc

Hi,

I tested this scenario out, the result set would be the same doesn't matter if you pass & or &Amp.

For example: I screened for the company "Whyte & Mackay" and "Whyte &Amp Mackay" I got the same amount of result set back.

Whenever you pass any non-English or a special character in your payload you will have to UTF-8 encode it before sending out the request to World-Check One.

Let me know if you need further information.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.