question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 2 2

Failed to get token information from the token service.Invalid username or password.

getting disconnected from LPC channel.

Reason: Failed to get token information from the token service. Text: {"error":"access_denied" ,"error_description":"Invalid username or password." } .

I have already registered machine ID and password from token website

treprfarfa-apiauthentication
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
232 2 0 0

Hello @tm

Current thoughts right now is that your account credentials have issues accessing the system. A Refinitiv ticket has been opened on your case to provide further technical support.

I have seen instances where the setup and/or userListSetup script(s) have failed to encode the password in the user_list.txt file and instead inserted an error message in the password field. You can check your user_list.txt file and verify that the password field contains random characters instead of an error message.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @tm

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'password from token website' - which token website are you referring to?

Have you added the machineID + password to the user_list.txt file (and set the location of the file in the config file e.g. *lpc*userFile : user_list.txt) using the provided utilities - as described in Appendix F of the LPC documentation?

If you do not have the LPC documentation, please download the LPC package from My.Refinitiv Products->Software Downloads section. Select Elektron Feeds for Product Family and then LPC from the Products list.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 0 2 2

I received an email from refinitiv with a mahine ID and a weblink to create a password for this machine ID. this step was successfull. Then I configured LPC according to documentation. machineID+password was added to user_list.txt during LPC setup process using lpsSetup.sh script. I do have the documentation . thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.