Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 2

Connection error with R application

Hi,

I receive an error when trying to get data with the API to a R application.

Failed to connect to localhost port 9000: Connection refused refinitiv

Any idea?

Regards,
Erik

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@erikhansen

TCP port 9000 is used by Eikon Proxy API. The Eikon R application needs to connect to this port to retrieve the data. Please make sure the Eikon is running properly on the machine.

You can also refer to Eikon Data API(Python) Troubleshooting to verify the problem.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

Thanks for you answer. Is it possible to get help from the support to get Eikon to be correctly connected?

icon clock
10 |1500

@erikhansen

Yes, you can contact the Eikon Support team via MyRefinitiv to verify the problem. However, the support may ask you to post the question in this forum. You need to insist that the case should be escalated to the Technical Support team.

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

Okay thanks! Before I ask them I have one more question. Can I have the Eikon istalled on another computer than the computer we build the R application?

icon clock
10 |1500

@erikhansen

No. Eikon must be installed and run on the same machine as the R application.

To retrieve the data, the Eikon Data API (R application) will connect to 127.0.0.1:9000 listened by the Eikon process.

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

I have the R app on a server on amazon. Still possible to call the API?

icon clock
10 |1500

I'm afraid not since you will need Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace running in the background to run R scripts collecting data from either since the Eikon R application needs to connect to this port to retrieve the data.

@erikhansen

I think you need to consider using other products that provide API services on the Internet or cloud.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.