question

Upvotes
Accepted

Is the Eikon 4 Desktop Data API supported?

Is this a supported API for Eikon?

https://www.nuget.org/packages/ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed/

I can't find any reference to it in the developer site. Is there documentation available?

eikonapieikon-app-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I have moved this question to App Studio forum.

@asdfasdfasdf

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

@asdfasdfasdf

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @asdfasdfasdf

We have just revamped the categorization of Eikon APIs on this portal. You can now find the documentation for using Eikon .NET SDK, which you found on NuGet, in custom applications here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

This API is in App Studio - .NET SDK. Please visit this page for the tutorials. The tutorials are in Data API section.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes

Thanks. I notice on the newly revamped page that none of the tabs have anything in them, and to get access to the tutorials on the link jirapongse.phuiphanvichai posted I need to request access (which I have done, but is a tad onerous).

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @asdfasdfasdf
On the newly revamped page you can find code samples under Downloads and tutorials under Tutorials. Are you saying you don't see the code samples and tutorials? The link to App Studio that Jirapongse posted is restricted to App Studio clients/vendors, which I understand you're not. As such you don't need the materials under the link Jirapongse sent. You should be able to find everything you need to build a custom application consuming real-time or timeseries data from Eikon following the link I provided.

Just in case here are the links to Downloads and Tutorials sections:

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-apis/net-apis-use-custom-applications/downloads

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-apis/net-apis-use-custom-applications/learning

If you have any problem accessing these links, please let me know.

Those weren't there when I last looked, but I see them now.

And when I click, on them, it appears I need to request access. I've done this, but my request for the App Studio API was ignored (I have not heard back in any way).

Can you please make sure someone actions my request?

Alex Putkov.1 avatar image Alex Putkov.1 asdfasdfasdf_deprecated_0

Hi @asdfasdfasdf

You're right, we seem to have had an issue with access to the links I posted. They should be wide open to all registered users on the portal, but it appears that they weren't. This access problem should be resolved now. Could you please try the links I posted again and let me know if you can access them?
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Show more comments
Upvote

Touching base on this again. No one has granted me access to the app studio documentation since my request, and as I say above, the new Eikon .NET SDK area has no documentation. Could someone please sort this out?

icon clock
10 |1500

Apologies for the delay, I have followed up with the admin group that manage this API. This is one of the few areas of the site that has access restrictions

Regards

AHS

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.