question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

Asynio library errors when running rdp.StreamingPrices simple test

asynio library error once every several minutes(~4 mins)

Using Python v3.9.1. Latest RDP libraries via python -m pip install --upgrade refinitiv.dataplatform

The message is like this: (with DEBUG logging enabled)

2021-01-13 01:13:52,214 - websocket - ERROR - error from callback <bound method StreamConnection._ws_message of <OMMStreamConnection(WebSocket 0 - pricing, started daemon 140170804320000)>>: Non-thread-safe operation invoked on an event loop other than the current one
File "/home/originai/trader/originai/signal/refinitiv/refinitiv-env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/websocket/_app.py", line 344, in _callback
callback(*args)
File "/home/originai/trader/originai/signal/refinitiv/refinitiv-env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/refinitiv/dataplatform/delivery/stream/stream_connection.py", line 838, in _ws_message
self._on_messages(messages)
File "/home/originai/trader/originai/signal/refinitiv/refinitiv-env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/refinitiv/dataplatform/delivery/stream/omm_stream_connection.py", line 239, in _on_messages
self._process_response_message(message)

File "/home/originai/trader/originai/signal/refinitiv/refinitiv-env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/refinitiv/dataplatform/delivery/stream/omm_stream_connection.py", line 341, in _process_response_message
self._on_receive_login_message(result)
File "/home/originai/trader/originai/signal/refinitiv/refinitiv-env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/refinitiv/dataplatform/delivery/stream/stream_connection.py", line 671, in _on_receive_login_message
self._login_response_future.set_result(result)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 298, in set_result
self._schedule_callbacks()
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 214, in _schedule_callbacks
self._loop.call_soon(callback, self)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 593, in call_soon
self._check_thread()
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 632, in _check_thread
"Non-thread-safe operation invoked on an event loop other "
2021-01-13 01:14:07,449 - Session session.platform - Thread 140170804320000 | WebSocket 0 - pricing

pythonrdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-librariesstreaming-prices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @michael.earl

Are you able to post the code here or even a smaller snippet which recreates the issue?

Easiest would be if you can attach it as a .txt file.

Hi Umer,

I attached the code asyncio_test_20210113.txt

Please change the login credential to give it a try.

Thanks for taking a look!

Hello @cychiang,

Thank you for your participation in the forum, as well as providing the follow-up that may help other developers.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@michaelearl0 @cychiang

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @cychiang

Thanks for the pip list, I have passed it onto the RDP Python dev team to examine.

In the meantime, if you are able to do so (ideally in a virtualenv), you could try out the version I am using on my PC v1.0.0a7 - available on PyPI - refinitiv-dataplatform · PyPI

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Umer,

I can confirm that after using v1.0.0a7, and python 3.9, your workaround can avoid the issue.

However, if I use .run_forever() the issue still happens, so I think there is still something wrong in the library. But I am fine with the workaround.

BTW, I found that v1.0.0a7 uses asyncio differently (e.g. asyncio.create_task) such that I can not keep using python3.6. I have to update to python 3.9, and it created some pain. I am afraid that other users might get hit by the same issue.

Thanks!

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @michael.earl / @cychiang

When I ran your snippet it crashed almost immediately after getting the first Refresh Messages.

However, if I replace the last line of code with something like:

while (True):
    asyncio.get_event_loop().run_until_complete(asyncio.sleep(120))

Then It ran fine for over 10 minutes without a problem.

Please let me know if the above works for you also.

I am not a Python expert so cannot explain why the above is ok and your alternative is not. I will refer this to the RDP Python library development team and hopefully, they will respond with an explanation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you Umer, I will use your method and keep it running for a day and report back.

Note that I have been advised there is a bug in rdp library version 1.0.0a7.post1 with refreshing the access token every 4-5 minutes. I am still using version 1.0.0a7 and perhaps that is why it is working for me.

If the above-suggested code change fails for you, please run the 'pip list' command in a Python console and attach the output as .txt file in your reply.

You can confirm your RDP library version with:

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
rdp.__version__

Hi Umer,

I am using 1.0.0a5 version.

pip_list.txt

The while loop method can not avoid the issue.

It still happened once every two~three minutes in my testing.

Thanks!

pip-list.txt (598 B)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.