question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 4 3

I was doing a performance test on our TREP using sink_app and sink_driven_src with rmdstestclient.

It was the first such test I'd done since moving from IDN to ELEKTRON. I had trouble getting newer versions of sink_driven_src to run (I'm assuming there are newer modifications I needed to make to my capture file). I was able to get the version working that I used in 2010 (ssl4.2.F38). That version is not multi-threaded. Are newer versions multi-threaded? If so, I may need a little guidance as to additional capture file manipulation. @ron.bove

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepinfrastructuresink-driven-source
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

You can use sink_driven_src to replay the data captured by rmdstestclient.

The data can be recorded in XML format or binary format.

1. XML Format

You can use rmdstestclient with the following options to record the RWF data in XML format.

./rmdstestclient –S ELEKTRON_DD –ef rics.txt –h 192.168.27.48 –p 14002 –ct rssl –u user01 –rf 8 –of outputRWF.xml

rics.txt

6|JPY=
6|IBM.N
6|SCB.BK
6|TRI.N

Output:

rmdstestclient will generate outputRWF.xml file.

<?xml
version='1.0' encoding="utf-8" ?>
<xmlReplayData useMultipleBuffers="0">
…
<updateMsg rwfMajorVer="0" rwfMinorVer="0" mType="RWF_MT_MARKET_PRICE" streamId="5" dataFormat="RSSL_DF_FIELD_LIST" updateFlags="0x98" updateType="0" sequenceNo="17230" dataSize="20">
    <key flags="0x7" serviceId="54151" name="JPY=" nameType="1"/>
    <dataBody>
        <fieldList flags="8">
            <fieldListField fieldId="114" dataType="RSSL_DT_REAL32" data="0.11"/>
            <fieldListField fieldId="270" dataType="RSSL_DT_ENUM" data="27"/>
            <fieldListField fieldId="271" dataType="RSSL_DT_ENUM" data="27"/>
            <fieldListField fieldId="272" dataType="RSSL_DT_ENUM" data="26"/>
        </fieldList>
    </dataBody>
</updateMsg>
 …
</xmlReplayData>

Then, you can use sink_driven_src to replay the recorded XML data.

./sink_driven_src –S ELEKTRON_DD –K –N 14002 –ik –Q outputRWF.xml –U 10

The above command will publish the recorded XML data for a given service (ELEKTRON_DD) on port TCP/14002 with the starting update rate 10 updates per second in interactive mode.

2. Binary Format

You can use rmdstestclient with the following options to record the RWF data in binary format.

rmdstestclient –S ELEKTRON_DD -ef  rics.txt -h 192.168.27.48 -p 14002 –ct rssl –u user01 –rf 8 –obf outputBinary.bin

outputBinary.bin will contain the recorded binary data.

Then, you can use sink_driven_src to replay the recorded binary data.

./sink_driven_src –S ELEKTRON_DD -K -N 14002 -ik -bdf outputBinary.bin –U 10

The above command will publish the recorded binary data for a given service (ELEKTRON_DD) on port TCP/14002 with the starting update rate 10 updates per second in interactive mode.

binary.png (183.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I used sink_app and not rmdstestclient to capture the data. I appreciate this answer and may change how I run this test in future. I will look at this given the time. The test tools I used were from the rmds_hwq1.0.0.L1.sou package (pre-TREP).

Since I was able to get the test to run; and the breakpoint was the test tool, I am mainly focused to see if there is any confirmation of a version of sink_driven_src that is multi-threaded. If anyone knows this I can adapt this and possibly use it to run the test more like @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai had laid out here.

I have run sink_driven_src from ADH3.0.2.L1 package (Solaris). Then, I used prstat -L -p <pid> command to verify the number of LWPs (Light Weight Process) in sink_driven_src process. It showed that there is only one LWP running in sink_driven_src process while it is replaying the data.

However, I have submitted a case to ADH support team to confirm it. The case number is 04793360.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi John,

Are able to provide some additional information on the nature of the difficulties you are facing?

What behaviour do you experience when running sink_driven_src - e.g. error messages?

Can you confirm which newer version you are using / package version you obtained the binary from?

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.