question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 3 2 5

How to connect to Reuters Eikon Excel programmatically with VBA?

Hi there,

Let's say I have an excel session which is logged-out of Reuters Eikon (Offline in the ribbon). How do I connect to Reuters Eikon programmatically via vba? Basically an equivalent to pressing the button Offline in the Reuters ribbon to connect (in Settings).

I have tried unsuccessfully to look into the PLSynchronizationMgr library.

And side question: where do I find the user documentation for a specific library? (f.ex. PLSynchronizationMgr library)

Thank you.

eikoneikon-com-apiconnectionvba
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@pierre-jean.campigotto

synchronizationmgrxlsm.zip

It is all possible with the PLSynchronizationMgrLib.SynchronizationMgr, I’m attaching the example that tracks the state of Eikon Excel Add-in and reacts on the event of Connect, Disconnect, Pause, Resume and Refresh.

Alternatively, you can find a tutorial here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fantastic, thank you.

FWIW this tutorial is not part of the Complete Microsoft Office APIs Tutorial Samples. I only checked in there and hence did not notice that there was a tutorial dedicated to PLSynchronizationMgrLib.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.