For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
20 2 2 3

Issue with getting the updated information by caseId or caseSystemId

Hello, If we use API 'https://rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com/v2/cases/screeningRequest' with the name 'john smith', we receive caseId and caseSystemId and results (for example 45 profiles). Is this possible to get the updated information and resulted profiles (if there are 46 of them a month later, for instance), using the same caseId and/or caseSystemId month later (or even more)? if yes, please provide the name of API call, or let us know if we still need to use 'cases/screeningRequest' API the second time and create a new caseId for getting 46 profiles?

world-checkworld-check-onescreening
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@rsingh1

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

yes, will do

Upvotes
Accepted
1.3k 4 1 2

@rsingh1

Understood your requirement, that's a fair point.

As you must have seen we display those details in the "cases/screeningRequest" API endpoint i.e. when you screening for the first time using sync screening.

Now we do have plans of having all those details like firstName, gender, dob, etc in "get results" API as well but I am not sure on the timelines as to when this change would be made available, but this would really help your implementation.

Let me get back to you on this?

For immediate implementation with the second way, to fetch those additional details you will have to consume 1 more API call i.e. "SEQ-case-investigate-world-check-profile: Get a World-Check profile" to get those additional details after fetching the updated results.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.3k 4 1 2

@rsingh1

Let say you screened a case using the API - https://rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com/v2/cases/screeningRequest and got back caseId=123 caseSystemId=abc and have a result set of 45 matches.

Now, there are 2 ways to get updating info from World-Check on a case:

1.Automated method: API- "SEQ-case-ogs-enable: Enable ongoing screening for a case" -cases/{ {case-system-id}}/ongoingScreening

so this API would automatically screen your case at 1800hrs UTC on a daily basis,so you can monitor the OGS activity i.e. have some sort of cron job to check if there are 46 matches to the case now using the API-

"SEQ-case-monitor-ogs: Monitor ongoing screening updates on cases"- cases/ongoingScreeningUpdates

this would give you the list of all caseSystem Ids of your cases that either has new matches i.e. 46 matches or update in the info on existing 45 matches.

This method is beneficial if you have certain entities that you would like to monitor regularly and want to automate the process.

2. The second method is a bit manual and is useful if your use case demands to re-screen individuals at not so regular intervals.

here you would have to use manually re-screen the original case using its caseSystem Id i.e. abc in the below API call and manually fetch the results again. The APIs would look like below.

(a) "SEQ-screen-async: Screen a case"- cases/{ {case-system-id}}/screeningRequest

(b) "SEQ-case-audit: Retrieve the audit log for a case"- cases/{ {case-system-id}}/auditEvents

this is to check if the case has been successfully screened as it is async screening.

(c) Once you know the case has been screened successfully and it is safe to fetch the latest results you use the API- "SEQ-case-investigate-results: Get screening results"- cases/{ {case-system-id}}/results

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
20 2 2 3

@Mehran Khan For the second way, API (c) 'cases/{ {case-system-id}}/results' returns not enough data, we need more details for each profile (firstName, gender, dateOfBirth, country, etc).

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.3k 4 1 2

@rsingh1

So the timeline around having the additional details on the "get screening results" API should be around Q2 2021, again this timeline should be considered tentative and depends on a lot of factors.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.