Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 27 33 35

permID with TRBC codes and Index RIC

Is there a way to get the permID and TRBC codes programmatically for Refinitiv Indices? (or viceversa)

For example, I know that .TRXFLDGLPUBANK (Refinitiv Global Banks Price Return Index) has a TRBC code 55101010, and looking in the documentation for TRBC classification, the PermID is 4294952873 (Banks).

How can I get this in one simple line of code using Eikon Python API or similar? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricspermid-apitrbc
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I don't believe this information is available through Eikon. However, you may want to verify this with Refinitiv Helpdesk. The moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products. Such expertise is available through Refinitiv Helpdesk. If the Helpdesk can show you how to view this data in Eikon application or better yet how to retrieve it using Eikon Excel, then the moderators on this forum can help you translate it into an API call. Refinitiv Helpdesk can be reached by calling the Helpdesk number in your country, using Contact Us capability in Eikon application or by visiting MyRefintiv.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
98 27 33 35

Thank you Alex! Will certainly follow your advise.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.