question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Client is using TREP , EMA C++ for coding. They raised enhancement request for Expected function,

client Usmart would like to raise an enhancement request.
Use case :
Currently our client are taking US equity and option data, about 1.4 million RICs a day. Register and Unregistering RICs is resource costing and risky. Thus client would like a function that when they connected, our server would send they all data from markets they are contracted (and licensed) for.
Another option is if they can use RIC chain to unregister whole market.

Current function:
Client can use RIC chains to register US equities but unable to use it to unregister.
Client has to register US options RIC by RIC as there is no RIC chain.

Expected function:
Client connecting server which will push data after connection initialized. Some competitors such as ICE NYSE group (formerly IDC) is doing so.
OR
Client use RIC chain to register and unregister for each or all markets they subscribed for. E.G. Nasdaq Basic, CBOE options, NYSE Arcabook.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrep
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Siliang.Pan

In terms of the US equities, I can only assume they are using a SymbolList - as EMA does not implement native chain handling.

The nature of our APIs and the infrastructure is that each instrument - has its own individual stream + stream ID - as each stream updates independently of each other.

In terms of their current implementation, is there any reason why all items are closed down each day and re-requested the next day? Can they leave the subscriptions open as long as their app continues to run - so they receive updates as and when there is any market activity?

If they do still need to close all markets, as well as the Login Handle suggestion I made earlier, the customer could instead uninitialize the OmmConsumer instance when they wish to unregister all markets and initialize the OmmConsumer again when they wish to start again the next day. They will of course need to re-register all instruments for both approaches.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Siliang.Pan

I have referred this thread to the development team - however, you can also post Change requests directly onto our GitHub repository for the attention of the development team Refinitiv/Real-Time-SDK (github.com)

In term of unregistering the whole market, they could do this by unregistering / closing the Login Stream - i.e.logging out from the server. I have discussed this technique in this other post handle unregister problem - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

As explained, they will need to obtain the Login Handle during the initialisation and then unregister it when they wish to close all open data instrument streams.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.