question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

I need to resolve a chain of historical RICS, e.g. 0#TFI: how do I qualify historical RIC chains in the API?

The Refinitiv Developer Portal has a working example of Chain Resolution and it is included in Tutorial 15 of the current Postman collection. This works fine, but I have a chain that resolves to "Historical RICs" and so requests need to be qualified. . Can I apply something similar for the chain resolution of 0#TFI: ? At the moment using the tutorial 15 example as is, I get an error message for "0#TFI:" but I do not get with "0#DJI:"

{

"@odata.context": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#Collection(ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Search.HistoricalChainInstrument)",

"value": []

}

In in a tick history Time and Sales on demand request in the API I need to specify the following after the instrument list like this extract below (see "ValidationOptions section).

"IdentifierList": {

"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",

"InstrumentIdentifiers" : [

{

"Identifier" : "TIEFJ21",

"IdentifierType" : "Ric"},

{ "Identifier" : "TIEFK21",

"IdentifierType" : "Ric"

}

],

"ValidationOptions": {"AllowHistoricalInstruments": true},

"UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions": false

},

tick-history-rest-apichain-ric
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@mark.ringrose

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @mark.ringrose,

In my understanding, in order to use an identifier (ChainRIC) as input into any searches or extractions, it has to first be found/recognized by Datascope.

Unfortunately, I could not find this identifier neither via Datascope GUI search nor via API request searches.

However, as DJI chain appears to be 0#.DJI rather then 0#DJI:, perhaps you are looking for 0#.TFII, or perhaps another slightly different chain, can it be that the chain you are looking for is slightly different, according to Eikon search, there are several suggestions of similar chains.

Would it make sense to involve content experts directly via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> RTH, once you are able to identify the required via content, then it can be submitted via API?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

My mistake - there was an error in the chain RIC in my Postman example. My fault.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.