For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted

Looking for Elektron WebSocket API MRN Example with C#

Hi everyone,

I would like to find more or less the same (if possible 100% equal):

https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.WebSocketAPI.Python.MRN/tree/ERT-in-Cloud

but in C# so I don't need to translate it line by line.

Is it possible to have a WebSocket API MRN Example in C# (NOT RDP, because RDP doesn't work well :-()

?

Thanks in advance

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @oleksandr.kocherha

You can take one of the examples from websocket-api/Applications/Examples/RDP/CSharp to connect to your RRTO cloud session and then merge the MRN Payload processing code from the MRN example - to derive your required example.

The MRN payload you receive is identical from both the ADS and RRTO

The MarketPriceRdpGwServiceDiscovery is the better one to use - as it does not require a fixed hostname, it will discover a valid hostname from your credentials and region.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @oleksandr.kocherha

We don't have a (near) identical example - the nearest I found on Github is Example.WebSocketAPI.CSharp.MRNWebSocketViewer

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes

Unfortunately I cannot use it as is because the above example requires "User must have access to existing TREP 3.2.1 or higher ..." and I don't have it, I have only a hostname like

emea-3-t1.streaming-pricing-api.refinitiv.com

:-(

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
26.4k 62 17 14

Hello @oleksandr.kocherha

Is this https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.RDPLibrary.DotNet.MRNStoryConsumer example match your requirement?

If not, the suggestion from @umer.nalla is also recommended as you can mix the RRTO connection logic with the MRN process logic (from either ADS or RRTO example) .

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.