question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

I signed up on this platform to access live stock market data but can't get the API access credentials to use the .NET library. I keep getting the 401 error page even for the quickstart page (details below). Is it a general problem or is it just for me?

Resource at '/content/devportal/en_us/401.html' not found: No resource found

RequestURI=/content/devportal/en_us/401.html

Servlet= /apps/sling/servlet/errorhandler/404.html

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
23.7k 61 15 21

Hello @ale.herm01,

You can self sign and view and download the API documentation, but you will need to talk to a Refinitiv account manager to get a trial ID.

You can have a Refinitiv person contact you and discuss the trial details here.

PS: Can you please paste the complete link to the quickstart that is not working for you. I can access the RDP Library Quickstart just fine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ale.herm01
Once you have the RDP account, you can follow the step-by-step guide in this Getting Start with RDP article to help you set up the credentials.
Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Now it works and I registered my app but I still didn't receive any email while registering for Eikon data to get the required credentials.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @ale.herm

If you have signed up for an Eikon Trial or full Account, then you can create a Desktop session with the RDP library to consume streaming data from Eikon.

Quick Start - Credentials

and then follow the C#/.NET specific sections

Quick Start - .NET

You will off course have to have Eikon running on the same PC where you run the C# code.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.