question

Upvotes
Accepted
33 9 13 31

"Backend error: 'INVALID_INPUT'" for RKD API retrieve news headlines

Good day,

I was calling the RKD API to retrieve the news headlines with specific topics. Looks like if I place too many topics there, it will be prompted with "Backend error: 'INVALID_INPUT'":

{

"Fault": {

"Code": {

"Value": "s:Receiver",

"Subcode": {

"Value": "a:General_Errors"

}

},

"Reason": {

"Text": {

"lang": "en-US",

"Value": "Backend error: 'INVALID_INPUT'"

}

},

"Detail": {

"ClientErrorReference": {

"Timestamp": "2021-04-25T07:02:26.1319766Z",

"ErrorReference": "e046c5a25df44e848848ed9c1e3443e7",

"ServerReference": "9EB52DEFB1853C9230A344FBDFD9B815D5EBF21709E0E901"

}

}

}

}

Do we have guideline or documentation on this limitation, i.e., the maximum length of the request body?

One more fact, if I remove the "lanaguage" filter condition, then I may even place 2 or more topics condition there, so I guess there's some limitations on the length of the string in the request body.

Attach the sample request:

(if just remove one topic condition, e.g., the last "AAA", then it will pass)

Sample Request.txt

rkd-apirkd
sample-request.txt (17.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

Contact the Online solution team.

Hello @Frederic,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvote
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @Frederic

The RKD team suggests you reduce the news headline request message size by reducing the number of the topic codes.

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @Frederic

I can replicate the issue with the RKD RetrieveHeadlineML_1 service and your request message

I cannot find any document about request message/filter limitation in RKD API Developer document page except “The number of headlines returned by a response is limited to 1000 in Refinitiv Knowledge Direct API. Headlines and corresponding stories can only be retrieved for the last 90 days." .

I am contacting the RKD API team to check on this request message and issue.

rkd-error.png (69.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.