question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 4 9 11

How to obtain list of Outstanding Loans via RDP API

I am currently trying to source a full list of Loans currently outstanding for a given entity - essentially to match what is being displayed on the 'Debt Structure' function on the Eikon terminal. I am currently using the following to source a list of Active Bonds, mirroring what's in Debt Structure/Bonds:

org = 4295912121

fi_fields = ['BondRatingLatest', 'IssuerOAPermid','IssuerOrgid','IssuerID','IssuerCommonName','ParentIssuerName', 'ParentOAPermID','IssueRating','IssueRatingSourceCode','BondRatingLatestSourceCode','AssetTypeDescription','DebtTypeDescription','ISIN','MainSuperRIC','DBSTicker','IsGreenBond','IssueDate', 'Currency', 'RCSCurrencyLeaf','FaceIssuedTotal', 'EOMAmountOutstanding', 'NextCallDate','CouponRate','IsPerpetualSecurity','MaturityDate','CdsSeniorityEquivalentDescription','Price']

query = "ParentOAPermID eq '" + str(org) + "' and IsActive eq true and not(AssetStatus in ('MAT'))"
        df = rdp.search(view = rdp.SearchViews.GovCorpInstruments, 
                     filter = query,
                     top = 10000,
                     select = ','.join(fi_fields),
                     navigators = "Currency")

I was wondering if there was an equivalent way to source similar information on Loans? I understand there is a 'LoanInstruments' view available but wouldn't know what criteria it would use.

Thanks!

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformsearch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @Giorgio Cozzolino,

I would recommend you contact the Refinitv Helpdesk and confirm if the data you are looking for is available within the RDP Search service. Below is a request that will search against the 'LoanInstruments' view and may give you a start on whether it provides the details you were expecting.

org = 4295912121

fi_fields = ['SPIssuerRating', 'IssuerOAPermID','IssuerOrgid','IssuerCommonName',
             'AssetCategoryName','SPSeniorDebtDescription','Ticker','TranchIssueDate', 
             'RCSCurrencyLeaf', 'BaseRate','LoanSeniorityDescription']
response = rdp.Search.search(
    view = rdp.SearchViews.LoanInstruments, 
    filter = f"IssuerOAPermID eq '{org}' and IsActive eq true and not(AssetStatus in ('MAT'))",
    top = 20,
    select = ','.join(fi_fields)
)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @nick.zincone.1,

thanks for the above. I have filed a request to the HelpDesk to understand whether this is available at all. In any case I have tried to run the code above in the meantime and it seems like I am getting no hits for the orgID mentioned (while in truth I should at least get one, according to 'Debt Structure').

Would you mind checking on your end? Thanks!

Hi @Giorgio Cozzolino,

if you use the exact code segment above, you should be able to confirm if the request was successful by looking at the status of the call. You can so this by looking at the: response.status.

Hi @nick.zincone.1

I have run the status and I'm receiving this: {'http_status_code': 200, 'http_reason': 'OK'}. So it seems the request was received fine, but how come no results were provided in a dataframe? As mentioned, at least one hit should be showing up.

@Giorgio Cozzolino,
There are simple things you can do to confirm results. First, I would remove the select statement - this will display the default fields. If nothing, remove the filter to confirm you can get something back for this View. If something, try a different org ID.

Hi @nick.zincone.1,

I have run the following snippet:

response = rdp.Search.search(
                view = rdp.SearchViews.LoanInstruments,
                top = 20
                )

Unfortunately though I do not receive any hits despite the status code being fine. Can you perhaps screenshot what you get when you run the above?

Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Hi @Giorgio Cozzolino,

I suspect your permission settings may be affecting what you can search for. I would reach out to your account manager and inquire about this. This is what I get:

ahs.png (71.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.