question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

DatastreamDSWS2R API, Excluding Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts

Dear,

I am currently trying to exclude investment trusts and unit trusts when pulling the constituent list using the DatastreamDSWS2R API. I currently pull the constituent list from WSCOPEUK using the following code: mynames <- mydsws$listRequest(instrument = c("WSCOPEUK"), datatype = c("ISIN","WC07021"), requestDate = "0D"). How do I filter this list to exclude investment trusts and unit trusts?

Kind regards,

Jens Kvaerner
datastream-apidsws-apir
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@J.S.Kvaerner

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@J.S.Kvaerner

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@J.S.Kvaerner

You need to directly contact the Refinitiv Datastream Web Service support team for the instrument that can provide only the Equities category for "Company Accounts Worldscope United Kingdom". You can directly contact the Refinitiv Datastream Web Service support team via MyRefinitv. If the instrument is available, you can use it instead of WSCOPEUK.

However, if the instrument is not available, you need to filter the result to get only the Equities type.

mynames <- mydsws$listRequest(instrument = c("WSCOPEUK"), datatype = c("ISIN","WC07021","TYPE"), requestDate = "0D")
mynames %>% filter(TYPE=='EQ')
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.