question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 2 4

Multiple sessions

Is it possible to open multiple sessions using the C# .NET RDP API? It looks like when opening another session (using Configuration.Sessions.GetSession() as per the example on Github) it overrides the first session, and closing the second session will close the first one as well.

Many thanks,

Darko Roje
Spreadex Ltd

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-dataplatform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @darko.roje,

The Refinitiv Data Libraries support multiple sessions. When you create a session, the library tags that newly created session as the default. As a result, all actions within the library to retrieve data act on that default. However, if you plan to incorporate an application that has multiple sessions, you will have to specify the session when making calls to retrieve data. Using intelliSense, you will see the interfaces support the ability to specify a session.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7 2 2 4

Nick,

Many thanks for your quick answer. Do sessions automatically refresh their OATH token ? Is there an "idle" timeout after which, if no API request is made, the refresh is stopped. The reason is that I see that if I open two sessions with the same username/password, the first session after a random time gets a "Bad Request" "error: invalid_grant" event. After that there are periodic events with "Session quota is reached" and the session is no longer usable.

Many thanks,

Darko

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @darko.roje,

The behavior you are observing is correct. The authentication servers have a limitation of one active session at a given time. If you need to establish simultaneous sessions into RDP, I would suggest you reach out to your Refinitiv account manager and explain what you are doing and request for additional IDs. My understanding is that there will be an new authentication mechanism put in place to address this limitation.

Alternatively, you can try to share a single session within you application. I don’t have insight as to why you need multiple sessions, but if sharing the session is possible, you should be able to get around this limitation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 2 2 4

Many thanks Nick.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.