For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

How to connect to refinitiv from java

Hi There,

I'm trying to connect to the refinitiv api using java.

I would like to see if there is any way(api endpoint) I could pass in a set of tickers and the endpoint would return part of the ticker's information, let's say last price, gain/loss, etc.

I'm following the examples from here: https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-real-time-opnsrc/rt-sdk-java/tutorials#ema-consumer-introduction, but all of them seems to try to connect to a local 'server'/runtime (elektron).

1625263041279.png
Regards.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrt
1625263041279.png (48.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @trevor.mottl

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@trevor.mottl

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @trevor.mottl

Please refer to the EMA Java QuickStart - Connecting to the Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized page. The suggested example is the ex450_MP_QueryServiceDiscovery demo application in the package:

Note: If you are using the latest version of the SDK, you can ignore the keystore file and keypasswd parameters.

There are also the following videos on the Video Catalog page that also help you.

• 7 Minutes to connect to ERT in Cloud using Elektron Message API Java Sample
  • 30 minutes to create a Real-Time Optimized consumer application | EMA Java

You can contact your Refinitiv Representative regarding the Real-Time Optimized access credentials. Once you receive the welcome email from the system, you can follow the "Getting Started for Machine ID" section of the Getting Start with Refinitiv Data Platform article to set up your password and app key.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.