question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Encountering multiple issues...

So we are in our trial period with Refinitiv.

We got the data called "Refinitiv Data Platform (RDP) from Github.

However, it seems that the data from Github and API Playground do not seem to match as searching for marketprice in API Playground returns no result. q2.png

Is that supposed to be like this? or is this because we are in our trial period? if what we've mentioned are not the case, do we also need to apply for API Playground trial?

Also, when trying MarketPrice, it displays the "Login Rejected" message after successfully authenticating and connecting into the WebSocket server. q4.png

Can anyone help us understand what's going on?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
q2.png (24.3 KiB)
q4.png (16.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sk.son

Even a trial can include delayed marketprice data - where you would request delayed RICs e.g. /IBM.N , /VOD.L etc - where the / indicates delayed data.

However, looking at the console error log - the Watchlist size 0 suggests that you don't have any real-time licence - not even a trial one.

Please reach out to your Refinitiv Account Contact to confirm what if any trial licences you have been assigned.

Do you have a MachineID - which would have been received in a Welcome Emai? Please don't post the actual ID here just confirm if you have one.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hello @umer.nalla , we do have a machine ID, but our trial license is for only delayed feed only. We do not have any real-time license.

So in our case, what you are saying is that we are only able to test things with APIs with "/"?

So we should look for APIs with "/" to continue our trial right?

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sk.son

What data / API are you licenced for / trying to use?

The Playground link you show is for DataGrid API - but the console app is for real-time streaming data?

The streaming data console error indicates you are not licenced for streaming data or your license has expired.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi umer.nalla! thank you for your very very quick response.

I am pleasantly surprised by your quick response!

We are actually in our trial with delayed feed meaning that we are not licensed for streaming data real-time.

So I guess "marketprice" api is included in realtime datastream. hence, we cannot use it.

If that's the case, could you please tell me where they have only the APIs for delayed feed?

We just want to test marketprice, price history, information regarding company of the stocks, and trading amounts / prices.

@umer.nalla forgot to tag you:(
Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sk.son

A MachineID can be licensed to access our Real-Time Streaming data - as well as other RDP APIs such a Symbology, historical pricing, news etc as agreed with your Refinitiv Account rep when you discussed and agreed to your trial.

So, if your Machine ID was correctly configured - you should be able to request streaming marketprice data - where instead of requesting RICs such as EUR= or VOD.L etc you would request /EUR= or /VOD.L e.g. for the example you were running:

new ItemStream.Params().Session(session)
.Name("/EUR=")
.OnRefresh((s, msg) => Console.WriteLine(msg))
.OnUpdate((s, msg) => Console.WriteLine(msg))
.OnError((s, err) => Console.WriteLine(err))
.OnStatus((s, msg) => Console.WriteLine(msg))))

However, looking at the console output, your login attempt is failing as you are licenced to a watchlist size of 0 - in other words, you cannot request any instruments at all.

As per my earlier post, please reach out to your Refinitiv Account Contact to confirm what if any trial licences you have been assigned. Point out to them that you see a Watchlist Size 0 error.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sk.son

I may have identified your Refinitiv Account contact and emailed them - please do the same on your side too.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @umer.nalla I am sorry I wish I could identify your account somehow but simply don't know how to do it.

I heard from our dev team, that they tried with machineID and various different combination. I will post a screenshot of us trying with censored machineID tomorrow.

Tomorrow, since it's quitting time here, we are going to try only the APIs with "/" so if all of them works I guess we are good since we applied for delayed feed for our trial.

On the other hand, I will contact our account contact to see what licenses we have been assigned and point out the Watchlist Size 0 error like you said.

Thank you for all the help and will keep you posted.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sk.son

I have been advised that a new MachineID has been created for you - you should have received a Welcome Email - with the link to set the password for the new ID.

Please set the password, set the new MachineID in the example code and try running the example again.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sk.son

I have been advised that you are licenced for the Wealth Streaming product and not the standard Real-Time Optimised service.

In view of this, it could be that the RDP.NET Library you are using is not able to identify the correct endpoint to connect to.

We are still investigating with the Wealth team - but in the meantime...

Are you able to run the MarketPriceRdpGwServiceDiscoveryExample example from websocket-api/Applications/Examples/RDP/CSharp at master · Refinitiv/websocket-api (github.com) and paste the complete endpoint list from the output (please don't post the full output here - as it may contain credentials) - just the list of endpoints e.g.

Sending service discovery request to https://api.refinitiv.com/streaming/pricing/v1/?transport=websocket

RECEIVED:
{
  "services": [
    {
      "port": 443,
      "location": [
        "ap-southeast-1a"
      ],
      "transport": "websocket",
      "provider": "aws",
      "endpoint": "apac-1-t3.streaming-pricing-api.refinitiv.com",
      "dataFormat": [
        "tr_json2"
      ]
    },
...more endpoints - please paste them all onto the forum....
  {
      "port": 443,
      "location": [
        "us-east-2b"
      ],
      "transport": "websocket",
      "provider": "aws",
      "endpoint": "us-east-2-aws-2-lrg.optimized-pricing-api.refinitiv.net",
      "dataFormat": [
        "tr_json2"
      ]
    }
  ]
}

Thank you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sk.son

One thing to note, I have been discussing your issue with our account and support teams and it seems that the wrong credential may be being used.

I did ask earlier about MachineID and also advised you to use the new MachineID in your example code. However, it is possible that you may be incorrectly using your email address for the --user parameter.

Please note that as per the Welcome email and the QuickStart, the MachineID must be used for programmatic access to data.

QuickStart For Wealth | Refinitiv Developers

e.g.

python market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py --user <Machine-ID> --password <Password> --clientid <client_id/AppKey> --service ERT_FD3_LF1

As pointed out earlier the password will be the long one - set using the link in the MachineID Welcome Email.

Finally, a note from the QuickStart above that for the Wealth service, you will need to change the service name in the examples from ELEKTRON_DD to ERT_FD3_LF1

Please confirm if the examples work with the old/new MachineID.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.