Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 1 1 3

How to fix >> Error code -1 | Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

Related to my question above I read the answer to this similar question which directed to another similar question here. The answer to this again refers to a new question here, which then (would you believe it) provides a link to a fourth question for the solution here. This eventually leads to the original troubleshooting documentation that led me to search for answers here. Can anyone tell me how i can find out how to fix the error mentioned above when there appears to be no error with the API (after implementing all the solutions from the linked to questions).

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
5.9k 21 2 6

Hi @ChrisBaldock ,

I'd advise updating your Eikon Desktop app (e.g.: to 4.0.55041) and the API (e.g.: to 1.1.8); this setup is the latest one, I tested it and it works. Do let me know if that resolves your issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5.9k 21 2 6

Hi @ChrisBaldock ,

In order for the Eikon API to work, Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace itself needs to be running in the background; are you running the Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace desktop aplication when you get the 'Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running' error message?

icon clock
10 |1500

Yep - I'm running the Refinitiv Eikon Desktop app in the background when running the script. I'm using Anaconda but don't think that should be an issue.
Hi @ChrisBaldock ,

Is this specifically to do with the Python Eikon Data API? Or for another language?

Hi @ChrisBaldock ,

What version of Eikon desktop app and Eikon APIs are you using?

It's for python

Desktop version 4.0.54062

API Version 1.1.12

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@ChrisBaldock

Were you able to resolve the problem or are you still experiencing it? If you still need help with this issue, would you mind sharing any updates since your last post on this thread? There's a number of potential root causes for the issue you experienced, but none are obvious. The only way to investigate the issue is to go through the troubleshooting steps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.