Upvotes
Accepted
399 4 5 9

Get data (RIC, STRIKE, ExpiryDate) on expired options using Search RDP

I am using this code to retrieve data on Options via Search RDP

rdp.search(

view = rdp.SearchViews.EquityDerivativeQuotes,

filter = "UnderlyingQuoteRIC eq '.spx' and RCSAssetClass eq 'OPT'",

select = "DocumentTitle, RIC, ExpiryDate, CallPutOption, StrikePrice, AssetState",

top = 20

)

This code returns the data, however when I try to search for historical expired options (using filter of e.g 'and ExpiryDate eq 2020-09-15 ') I don't get any results. Could you please consult if it is possible to retrieve data on expired options using Search RDP?

Thank you in advance

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformsearch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @haykaz.aramyan

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question or could you provide the information required for further investigation, please?

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @haykaz.aramyan

As far as I’m aware, only a select few assets, eg Futures, that have expired are provided within RDP Search. I don believe Search provides details on expired Options.

For questions related to content, your best route is to go through the Refinitiv Helpdesk.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
399 4 5 9

Thank you for the answer!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
399 4 5 9

This article offers functions and a workflow to reconstruct/find expired options RICs via RDP. Additionally it shows how one can get prices for expired option contracts and backtest a short iron condor strategy.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/finding-expired-options-and-backtesting-a-short-iron-condor-stra

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.