Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 2 4

Investor Statistics Category Value ID mapping

In the ownership data, where can I find the mapping of "Investor Statistics Category Value ID" (TR.InstrStatTypeValueId) to investor types, assuming StatType is fixed as 1. Is there an ID range assigned to institutional investors?

eikoneikon-data-apidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@dchen84

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

hi @dchen84 ,

This forum is dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs.

The moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every bit of content available through Refinitiv products, which is required to answer content questions such as this one.

The best resource for content questions is the Refinitiv Helpdesk, which can be reached by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or submitting a new ticket via MyRefinitiv.

The Helpdesk will either have the required content expertise ready available or can reach out to relevant content experts to get the answer for you.

For this time, I raised the case number 10687137 on your behalf, the support team is going to contact you soon

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @dchen84 ,

Is 'TR.InstrStatTypeValueId.categoryvalue' what you're looking for?

data, err = ek.get_data('AAPL.O', ['TR.InstrStatTypeValueId'
                                   ,'TR.InstrStatTypeValueId.categoryvalue'], {'StatType': '1'})
data

1636101789953.png

Supported parameters of each field can be found in DIB (Data Item Browser) or CODECR (CodeCreator), below is the screenshot of this field's parameters in DIB

1636101907233.png

1636101789953.png (37.7 KiB)
1636101907233.png (68.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 2 4

Thanks @raksina.samasiri .

Your answer is close to what I am looking for, but not exactly. If you see the last two columns of the table you have shared, there is category value id and category value, I wish to know if there is a mapping table mapping one to another. While I am working on the data, I have also noticed a few categories are similarly named, but with different ids, for example, category value for id 62 and 80 are hedge fund and hedge fund portfolio respectively, what are the differences? similarly, for 64 and 109. 85 is also a bit ambiguous. I am just wondering where I could find a complete reference to these categories and ids.

1636118830757.png

1636118830757.png (22.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.