question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Trade halts testing

We have incorporated the trade halts code/logic to our application and we are trying to test the scenarios when the trade halt is active. But we are finding hard to produce the trade halt active scenario. I want check with you guys if you have any feedback/suggestions how to test this in test environment.

rdp-apirdptrade
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

want to know how you test for Trade Halt situations? how to we create dummy trade halts situations? It is challenging to test for Trade Halts since we have to wait to trigger for Trade Halt situations.

hi @venkat.gouni

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @venkat.gouni

I assume you are referring to a streaming data usage case - i.e. Refintiv Real-Time (Elektron) data?

If so, please refer to my article Testing EMA Consumer and Provider Applications | Refinitiv Developers

From that article, I think there are two options that may help.

1) capture the live trade halt scenario data and then replay it

2) modify an IProvider example application to publish data that replicates/mimics trade halt scenarios

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.