question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

RDP asyncio.gather / HistoricalPricing.get_summaries_async / Dynamic tasks

Hello,

It seems rdp.HistoricalPricing.get_summaries_async function supports single universe. I am looking for dynamically requesting multiple universes using it. Can I find sample code in Python?

rdp-apir
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @kazuhisa

The current RDP Python library does not support multiple RICs only a single one - for the above functionality.
The newer RD Python library will support multiple RICs for the equivalent of the above function e.g.

tasks = asyncio.gather(
    historical_pricing.events.Definition(['VOD.L','BT.L']).get_data_async(),
    historical_pricing.summaries.Definition('AAPL.O').get_data_async(),
    historical_pricing.summaries.Definition('MSFT.O').get_data_async()
)
asyncio.get_event_loop().run_until_complete(tasks)
voda_bt, apple, microsoft = tasks.result()
print("\nVodafone  + BT")
display(voda_bt.data.df)

Examples and tutorials etc for the new RD Python Library should be available on GitHub and Dev Portal in the coming weeks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
43 2 6 10

Thank you very much for sharing the good news!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
43 2 6 10

quick question to enable refinitiv-data, do I need to adjust app-key for this? got the following message.

ValueError: Change default 'app-key' value in config. App key value: DEFAULT_WORKSPACE_APP_KEY
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
14.9k 32 5 10

Hi @Zuka1 ,

Is the code running in Codebook? if so, can you try to update the app-key from DEFAULT_WORKSPACE_APP_KEY to DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
43 2 6 10

Hello..

I am not using codebook, purely using it as RDP... what is the required change?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
14.9k 32 5 10

Hi @Zuka1 ,

Then please try to use the app key. To generate it, you can follow this quick start guide

1638504997565.png

hope this could help

1638504997565.png (41.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
43 2 6 10

I am using MachineID, I thought App-key & user name is the same for machineID users. please let me know to create app key for machine ID?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @Zuka1

Please see the screenshot above from my colleague - this shows the link on the quick start page which can be used to generate an AppKey.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
43 2 6 10

Hello..

I think I need to modify config (refinitiv-data.config.json) file..

I changed default session to platform.default, put username/password on it. it seems it went to RDP for historical. what is the correct use-case to switch TREP and RDP?

icon clock
10 |1500

@Zuka1

Can you please post your actual code segment and your error? I noticed you are referring to get_summaries_async and @umer.nalla did not. Yet, you didn’t comment on his example so I really don’t know what we’re working with here.

if you are work8ng with Umer’s example, can you please simplify it for a single request and post your error? And if you are using a config file, include that - no need to display your credentials.

Upvotes
43 2 6 10

スクリーンショット-2021-12-07-91614.pngIt seems get_data access to TREP instead of RDP?

refinitiv-data.config.json:

"sessions": {

"default": "platform.default",

"platform": {

"default": {

"app-key": "xxxx",

"username": "xxxx",

"password": "xxxx",

"auto-reconnect": true,

historical access seems good.スクリーンショット-2021-12-07-92018.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @Zuka1

The rd.get_data() is connecting to the RDP Streaming Service- Refinitiv Real-Time Optimized - which includes a Websocket interface.

Do you actually receive any data back for the get_data() call? If not, do you see any error - it could be your RDP credentials are not licenced for streaming data?

If you want to try and snap non-streaming data from the RDP platform instead then you can try the following:

response = rd.content.pricing.Definition(
    ['EUR=', 'GBP=', 'JPY=', 'CAD='],
    fields=['BID', 'ASK']
).get_data()

if (response.is_success):
    display(response.data.df)
else:
    print(response.http_status)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
43 2 6 10

スクリーンショット-2021-12-07-201752.png

I got data via your sample but not worked other sample of the rd.get_data() function.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Zuka1

As explained above, the rd.get_data() call is connecting to RTO, and the alternative code snippet I provided is NOT connecting to RTO - it is using the snapshot API on RDP - two different services.
Upvotes
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @Zuka1

If you note the last few lines of the error 'missing scopes' - this would indicate your RDP credentials are not licenced for the VOD.L RIC - you could try /VOD.L - i.e. delayed RIC - which you may be entitled to.

Also, one thing I forgot to mention earlier - when posting on the Q&A Forum - it is recommended that you create a new post when the subject changes somewhat from the original reason for the post.

Your original query was about asyncio - and then the query changed to issues with the get_data function.

This will help other users of the forum look for answers to similar queries.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @Zuka1 / @kazuhisa

FYI - we have pushed the first beta release of tutorials and examples for RD Python Library to GitHub - Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.DataLibrary.Python: Example projects and Tutorials demonstrating access to the Refinitiv Data Platform using the Refinitiv Data Library for Python (github.com)

They have been tested with refinitiv-data · PyPI v1.0.0b6

NOTE: The links on the README pages for the Dev Portal tutorials/Quick Start etc won't work as we have not published those yet - hopefully be there next week or in the New Year....

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.