question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

RDP API and I would like to use it through Postman.

I am using the RDP API and I would like to use it through Postman. How can I import the spec files for the open API for all of RDP? If I go to a specific endpoint in the playground, select Swagger I can download the individual schematics. In the past, I recall there was a way to get the spec files for all of RDP.

endpoint
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @maryrose.zapanta ,

<this is a private comment>

I am making your question public:

Private questions are reserved for need to exchange private client information.

Another Refinitiv person has posted the same question.

Hello @maryrose.zapanta

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @maryrose.zapanta ,

To get started exploring RDP API requests from Postman, you will need to setup clientID, following Quickstart guide for Refinitiv Data Platform will take you through obtaining it.

Next you could:

1. Download RDP Postman Starter Collection and Tutorial Samples starter collection:

2. Import the collection and the starter environment supplied with it into your Postman

3. Enrich starter environment, with your valid User, Password and Client ID

4. Run Authentication -> Get Token

5. Next you can run any RDP API request that your RDP user supplied is permissioned for.

If you are new to Postman, it may be beneficial to review some of the RDP Postman Tutorials starting with Authorization.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.