question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 3 4

Is there a single reference document for the RDP library?

I'm trying hard to understand the various methods and related admissable args and kwargs for the Refinitiv Data Platform library, but am going round in circles.

rdp-apirdp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @dkdg73

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @dkdg73

If you are referring to the Python version of the RDP Libraries, then please note that the new RD Library for Python BETA version is now available - Refinitiv Data Library for Python | Refinitiv Developers

For a position statement from the Product team on RDP Library vs RD Library please see the RDP Library Overview page.

As the RDP Library never reached a Released version, the documentation was not completed.

Once the RD Library reaches a full Release version (i.e. not BETA), comprehensive documentation for it will be published on the Documentation page. In the meantime, you can refer to the extensive set of RD Library for Python Tutorials and examples ( + any code completion / IntelliSense feature of your IDE).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@dkdg73 There is no such thing as a single reference document for RDP APIs. The closest thing to that would be the API Playground experience - which offers an interactive experience including a reference guide and swagger interface for each endpoint/service. The reference guides should provide full details about the content models.

As far as the library is concerned you should be able to see docstrings which could should provide you details of the possible parameters. There are also a number of tutorials available.

Finally for specific content help we do have the helpdesk who are able to provide very granular help.

We do note that a number of RDP endpoints/services are pre-release/EAP and may not yet have all the intended documentation.

The whole API Playground and Content experience is currently being redesigned - I am sure the design team would be interested in any input, comments or expectations you would like to see. I can get someone from the team to reach out if you are amenable? I hope this can help somewhat.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.