question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 4 5

Mutual Fund Holdings - (S12)

Hi,

I want to know how to download the S12 mutual fund holdings data. I have a workspace account. Can I download it using RDP?

Thanks.

funds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @econ-eikon5

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @econ-eikon5 ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
399 4 5 9

Hi @econ-eikon5 ,

This code is from another thread in the Q&A forum which I believe might be useful for your case:

df, err = ek.get_data('LP40065886', ['TR.FundHoldingRIC','TR.FundHoldingName',
                           'TR.FundPercentageOfFundAssets',
                           'TR.FundNumberOfShares',
                           'TR.FundNumberOfSharesChanged'],
            {'Endnum':'5000'})

df

Please let me know if you were looking for something different here.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, Haykaz.

I want to further download the FUNDNO-MGRNO link, which can be used to map the fund numbers (FUNDNO) in the mutual fund holding database to the manager numbers (MGRNO) in the institutional holdings database.

Refinitiv began to report these links from 1994. Do you know how to download it?

I am afraid you can't find that information via the API requests. Could you please elaborate how you access that now? through Workspace or.. ? That way I could dig deeper and see if that's possible to retrieve using APIs

Hi @econ-eikon5, I have consulted with my colleagues as well and there is one RDP endpoint (https://api.refinitiv.com/data/ownership/v1/views/investor/holdings?) where you might find the information you need. However, to make sure the endpoint covers the information you need, you need to talk to the content expert via my.refinitiv.com.

I can see from you profile that you are using a student account, and unfortunately neither me nor you can create a content query and the only is to approach the support team in your University and ask to open a content query with your request on your behalf. Basically, you should first ask where can be found that information (or whether that content is available) using refinitiv and then look for API endpoints/requests allowing the access.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.