Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
77 5 12 17

ek.get_data Asynchronous Query library internal error.

Situation

I have a script that daily downloads the following information for the stoxx 1800 rics. The 1800 rics automatically cut into api limit compliant ranges taking into account the amount of fields.

get_data( instruments = [list of rics]
, fields = ["TR.PriceClose.Currency","TR.InstrumentType","TR.ExchangeName","CF_EXCHNG","TR.ExchangeMarketIdCode","TR.InstrumentIsActive","TR.ISIN"]
, debug = False, raw_output = True
)

Problem

This script runs fine for almost a year now but starting from the end of last year I am having problems that only roughly half of the data is downloaded and for the other half NA is returned.

Roughly 50% of the requests go OK for the other 50% I receive the response:

"Asynchronous Query library internal error."

for each RIC in this specific request.

ALL fields return in that case NA and only the instrument is returned for that request. This issue is very similar to: other ek_data problem post of today

Off course it is possible that some RIC do not work due to delisting or corporate actions but not 50% of stoxx 1800 rics pulled with datastream. Furthermore I never had this problem before and the shown error is unclear and confusing.

Mitigations tried

After observing this issue I downloaded the latest versions of python refinitiv dataplatform and from python eikon. The issue kept occurring when using refinitiv-dataplatform as well as when using eikon.

I am currently running:

refinitiv-dataplatform==1.0.0a12
eikon==1.1.14

but this situation keeps consistently occurring regardless of all my actions.

eikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikondata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @laurens

I have been advised by the Eikon Data API team that this issue has been fixed and passed their internal testing with 3000 RICS.

Please test and confirm. Thank you for your patience.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi I am currently testing, I have not yet seen this error again.
Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @laurens

This appears to be related ongoing backend issue - not an API issue.

Therefore, I have raised a ticket for you ref 10824336.

You should be receiving an email from our Eikon Support team soon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.