question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

R compatibility with eikon api

How can I use eikonapir (or any other way) to retrieve data from eikon/refinitiv from my RStudio session that runs on a Unix server?

Any help is appreciated

apirunix
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
87k 294 53 79

@christof.stahel

To use Eikon Data API (eikonapir), you need to have Eikon running on the machine.

Eikon Data API retrieves data through Eikon running on the same machine. As I know, Eikon doesn't support Unix operating systems. It supports Windows and macOS.

You may consider using other APIs, such as Datastream Web Service or Refinitiv Data Platform APIs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Thank you @Jirapongse

Your answer seems to confirm what I had thought and was afraid of.

Do you know if either of the other APIs you reference support connecting from a Unix OS? I heard/read that one can connect from Python running on my Unix box, but I am not sure if that is correct either or does one again need to have Eikon running on the same machine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @christof.stahel

The Datastream Webservice and Refinitiv Data Platform APIs (RDP APIs) that are mentioned by @Jirapongse are web-based APIs that you can use Python to connect and get data from them.

• Datastream: SOAP and REST, and ease-of-use API DatastreamPy
  • RDP APIs: REST

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.