Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 5 9 11

Sourcing Text from PDF filings in NEWS

I am downloading a list of company documents via the following script:

query = 'PresetTopic:[Filings: All] OR PresetTopic:[Transcripts: All] OR PresetTopic:[Press Releases] \
             AND R:' + eikon_id + ' AND Language:LEN'

df = ek.get_news_headlines(query = query, count=100, date_from=start_d, date_to=end_d)

With the relevant variables set up, I am able to successfully source the stories, whose bodies in text format are then scanned via the following code:

newsText = ek.get_news_story(story_id)

Unfortunately I am encountering the issue that for those filings which rely on a PDF, the code above only provides a link to the document within the Refinitiv workstation, like the following example:

1646330771782.png

Is there any way I can download the PDF to perform the document scan correctly? As there can be hundreds of documents, the prospect of manually downloading all of those is not feasible.

Would using the RDP API work better in this case?

eikoneikon-data-apinewsnews-text-analytics
1646330771782.png (7.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Giorgio Cozzolino

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Giorgio Cozzolino ,

Please note that Refinitiv Data Platform - Filings is a separate product from Refinitiv Eikon/Refinitiv Workspace that can be accessed via Eikon Data API python.

If this is of interest- please find Filings API Developers Guide and article Introduction To Filings - Python to help with programmatic integration of thereof.

You may wish to reach out to your organization's Refintiiv account manager, to discuss your organization's requirements, and be advised on the best way to meet them.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.