Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 3 5

Historical investor turnover and fraction of shares traded

I use the eikon data api to retrieve historical ownership data. Specifically, I look for investor turnover (%) and the percentage of traded shares held for a list of rics. See screenshot in comments and code below.

However, turnover is not historic (only as of today) and does not change over time. How can I retrieve historic turnover for many rics and all possible filing dates? Many thanks in advance!

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key('DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY')

df, err = ek.get_data(instruments = ['AAPL.O'], fields = ['TR.InvestorFullName.investorid', 'TR.OwnTurnover.date', 'TR.InvestorFullName', 'TR.OwnTurnover', 'TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld',], parameters = {'SDate': '0AQ','EDate': '-1AY','Frq': 'FQ'})

display(df.loc[df['Investor Full Name'] == 'The Vanguard Group, Inc.'])
eikoneikon-data-apipythonapihistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

this is the code: turnover rates are the same over time per investor

Edit: I get errors when uploading as image(png) or file

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@mfu.fi

I checked the Data Item Browser and found that the TR.InvestorFullName only supports a date through the SDate parameter. It doesn't support the EDate parameter.

1650863709727.png

Therefore, you can change the date by using the SDate parameter.

1650864148747.png

1650863709727.png (93.6 KiB)
1650864148747.png (59.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
884 4 2 8

Hi @mfu.fi,

This forum is dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs. The moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every bit of content available through Refinitiv products, which is required to answer content questions such as this one.

The best resource for the content questions is the Eikon support team, which can be reached by submitting queries through MyRefinitv. The support team will either have the required content expertise ready available or can reach out to relevant content experts to get the answer for you.

Thanks,

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.