question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 4

too many data points

I'm using pydatastream to try to query historical S&P 500 options data, f.e. something like:

DSconnection.fetch('LOPTSPXDP', fields=['MNEM', 'RIC'], static=True )

However, I get this error: DatastreamException: "LOPTSPXDP"("MNEM"): $$"ER","E233","TOO MANY DATA POINTS",

Is there any way around this to be able to query this data?

pythondatastream-apipython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@abdiat

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@abdiat

The Datastream Options Lists document on https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/policies/Infobase/Options.html mentioned that as dead option lists contain all expired options for the options class, they are now extremely large and may result in failure in the extraction request, we would ask clients to consider extraction by expiry year or expiry month/year lists.

For example, LSPX2020C will be for all 2020 call codes and LSPX2020P for Put contracts.

1651204579086.png

The code looks like this:

DS.fetch('LSPX2020C', fields=['MNEM', 'RIC'], static=True )

1651204579086.png (30.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.