question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

Reg Open / Suspect / None / 'Refinitiv Wire format conversion error.' status

Dear team,

I am using EMA-API version 3.6.5 to consume Market price data from our ADS server. I am getting the following error for some of the items. Could you please help me to understand regarding this error?

Open / Suspect / None / 'Refinitiv Wire format conversion error.'

I am subscribing the dictionaries from ADS

e.g. code:

ommConsumer.registerClient(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().domainType(EmaRdm.MMT_DICTIONARY).name("RWFFld").
        filter(EmaRdm.DICTIONARY_NORMAL), emaOmmConsumerListener);
ommConsumer.registerClient(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().clear().domainType(EmaRdm.MMT_DICTIONARY).name("RWFEnum").
        filter(EmaRdm.DICTIONARY_NORMAL), emaOmmConsumerListener);
ema-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @SangeethaJayaraman

I have just found the following note in the Release notes for ADS 3.5.4 and ADS 3.6.0

Marketfeed VPI and audit timestamp failure -10000 through -32767 fields
When defining negative fields larger than 9999 (so -10000 to -32767; ASCII field lengths more than 5 characters) for vpiUserIdFID, vpiUserAddrFID, auditTimestampDateFID, or auditTimestampFID, for Marketfeed services (dataType: 2), the data will fail to be applied to cache (if caching is enabled) with "Invalid field identifier (FID)" or if caching is disabled, the Marketfeed will have invalid null characters after the fields and conversion to RWF will fail with "RefinitivWire format conversion error".

I recommend you contact your Market Data team and discuss the above with them.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you Umer, Will check with my Market Data team.
Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @SangeethaJayaraman,

I would approach this issue by first verifying with the dictionary example that came with RTSDK (ex 332, Dictionary Streaming), by pointing it at your local ADS and without any modifications to the example, to confirm if you are able to download both dictionaries successfully, from the local ADS?

As a sanity check, I have just tested this against my testbed environment.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.