For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Limit on Interger in API

we are getting errors within the DataScope Select REST API (C# SDK) trying to receive the "Total Net Asstes" field for the RIC "LP62003260".

I already found out, that the value of this field is lager than the standard integer size. So the API returns an "TRN" for truncated, which leads to an parsing error in the C# SDK.

I'm able to change integer length in the DataScope Select Web Interface. (see my screenshot) With an increased interger length, I get the correct value.

My question is: How can I change the integer length during extractions with the C# REST API SKD?

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikondatascope-select
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @narasimha.prasad

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@narasimha.prasad

This should be a limitation of the DSS REST API. I got the same Truncation Warning when using the DSS REST with Postman.

The request is:

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
            "RIC",
            "CUSIP",
            "ISIN",
            "SEDOL",
            "Issuer OrgID",
            "Currency Code",
            "Total Net Assets"
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
                {
                    "Identifier": "LP62003260",
                    "IdentifierType": "Ric"
                }
            ]
        }
    }
}

The output is:

{
    "@odata.context": "https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionResult",
    "Contents": [
        {
            "IdentifierType": "Ric",
            "Identifier": "LP62003260",
            "Error": "Parsing error for field \"Total Net Assets\", value \"TRN\", format type \"Number\".  ",
            "RIC": "LP62003260",
            "CUSIP": null,
            "ISIN": "JP3027650005",
            "SEDOL": "6378079",
            "Issuer OrgID": "140766",
            "Currency Code": "JPY",
            "Total Net Assets": null
        }
    ],

The note file contains:

Truncation Warning: Some values for Total Net Assets were truncated, (integer places = 12, largest integer width detected was 13).

You need to contact the Datascope Select product team directly to confirm it.

As I know, DecimalPlaces and IntegerPlaces can't be specified in the on-demand extraction. These properties are supported when creating a report template and using schedule extraction.

For more information, please refer to the answer in this thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.