question

Upvotes
Accepted
65 2 3 10

EMA SDK For .NET

Is EMA SDK available for .NET?

If not (and I don't believe it is), what options are available to connect to Refinitiv ADS servers for .NET applications?

ema-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@mzmuda33

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @mzmuda33

While my colleague already gave you a clear detail, there is another resource that might help you too in the Choosing a Refinitiv Real-time Streaming API article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
79.2k 251 52 74

@mzmuda33

EMA for .NET is still not available. It is in development. The expected delivery date is Q4 2022, as mentioned in the RTSDK Roadmap.

For now, the options are RFA.NET or WebSocket.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi,

Is the .NET Roadmap up to date?

Best Regards

Upvotes
65 2 3 10

@wasin.w & @Jirapongse , thank you both for the information.

In the Choosing a Refinitiv Real-time Streaming API article I don't see RFA.NET API as an option in the flow chart, but rather it references Refinitiv Data Library

What are the differences between the two APIs?

I feel like using RFA.NET is the right choose as it seems to use OMM. I assume the new EMA API for .NET will also make use of OMM.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @mzmuda33

If you want to use the OMM message/RSSL connection, the RFA .Net is currently suitable for you. Please note that the EMA API also supports the OMM message and RSSL connection, but the EMA API classes and interfaces are not compatible with RFA API classes and interfaces.

About the difference between RFA and Refinitiv Data (RD) Library:

• The RFA API is a feature-completed API (non-strategic) for the Refinitiv Real-Time Platform.
  • The RD Library is the ease-of-use API for the Refinitiv Data Platform (RDP) and Desktop. It can get real-time streaming data from the platform via the WebSocket connection.

Note: The RD Library is in the beta phase (as of June 2022).

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @mzmuda33

Just want to add more information about the Refinitiv Data Platform (RDP). The platform provides various Refinitiv data and content (Historical Pricing, Environmental Social and Governance (ESG), News, Research, etc) for developers via an easy-to-use Web-based API (request-response, alerts, bulk files, streaming - via WebSocket).

Compared to the Refinitiv Real-Time Platform, the Real-Time platform is focusing on delivering real-time streaming global market data.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.